Tuesday 17 April 2012

Diaries of a... sophisticated Adolescent 'kid' - 1

I wonder when the age of adolescence really kicks in (probably everyone does ) is it the age when you really stand up to your parents and start making a few decisions on your own ( mind it a few !! ) or … the age when you really hate going out with your family especially to some family occasions of family members of whom you have not much idea about. Well I am sure everyone has their own story. As for me it I felt it began when I was able to start lying to my parents without any much hesitation or remorse and trust me I am no spoilt kid who has a girl or a drinking problem. I am just a guy with usual problems and weaknesses every teenager has .

This age is a unique one where you don’t really have any proper set up priorities such as in the case of childhood where all you have to do is play and rough up the alphabets or the numbers taught in the school, or like in the case of grown ups where you have a job and an imperative responsibility of taking care of a family. It is an age where you are allowed to explore your true abilities, hidden talents and weaknesses and the best part of it is you won’t be blamed much for the mistakes you do because you are growing up and everybody gets another chance. But this age does have its downsides. People do expect a lot from you particularly on the academic side especially parents and relatives who are in a misconstruction that the excellent grades obtained by us in  primary schooling is an indication of the future geniuses we are about to become.

But the best part of learning, in any teenage kid , comes with friendship ; it is one of the vital things in any teenagers life . Friendship teaches you a lot about life , the world around you and the unfamiliar world within you . I suppose all of you would have had one good friend or a group of friends in your teenage life with whom you had boundless and uncontrolled fun.  And not only do they influence your life but you are who you are because of your friend(s). There has been a lot of instances in my life where my friends have stood with me and some where they haven’t , but all I can do is look past and learn a few valuable lessons from it because as they say “ experiences are what people give name to their mistakes in past  “ .

Love is the another thing which occurs in our teenage life (atleast in mine) or what I would decently call as crush. I am sure many of you would have a had a slight encounter with it. Many people do ask me what is the definition of love and there are lot of them ; its actually mind boggling to know that there are a lot of various definitions and descriptions given by each person if you go on asking and at the end you could roughly gather up around 7 billion definitions and still have no clue about what it is . Some would say its friendship while others would say its affection and the more psychic ones would say its lust but if you ask me I would sit and wonder for 10 minutes and would calmly reply “ it is the one thing which I was never able to achieve “. Well I would like to wrap up this article now and I do hope you have enjoyed it and do keep looking forward to my next one. Love you. Bye my fellow readers .  

PS: The characters involved in this or any further article may or may not be fictious and is not targeted to a single person or a group of people and apologies for those who find it repulsive.

3 comments:

  1. true !!! frnz r d makers of lyf ....

    but i doubt "love" & "lust"
    lust may come upon anyone but

    acc. to me ... lust is wen ya get obsessed wid someone
    bt wen ya love someone... i don think it ever goes out ..

    i still wonder hw can some1 fall in love 4 d 2nd tym!!

    hmmm it also surely has 7 million definitions ... !!!

    its nyc to noe hw teenage goes as we r almost finishing it!!! looking forward 4 more ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. common! wer's d next part??!!

    ReplyDelete